All the news about Oklahoma Bass Fishing online


Oklahoma Pro Mini Boat Association
(O.P.M.B.A.)
by Eric Drenner

THE O.P.M.B.A IS AN ELECTRIC TROLLING MOTOR ASSOCIATION WHICH IS BASED ON TOURNAMENT ANGLERS WITH A LOW BUDGET. THE O.P.M.B.A. PROVIDES AN ECONOMICAL WAY TO FISH TOURNAMENTS AND NOT HAVE TO PAY HIGH GAS PRICES. IN 1980, THE O.P.M.B.A WAS FOUNDED BY KEN CARTER. KEN WAS THE DIRECTOR OF A FEW MORE THAN A HUNDRED BOATS DURING A SEASON. O.P.M.B.A. IS NOW OWNED AND OPERATED BY  ERIC DRENNER. DURING ERIC'S FIRST YEAR, HE TURNED THE CLUB INTO A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION AND TOOK O.P.M.B.A. TO THE NEXT LEVEL WITH MORE THAN 15 MAJOR COMPANY SPONSORS TO HIS CREDIT.

THERE ARE A LOT OF DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A CLUB LIKE THIS AND A BIG BOAT CLUB, SUCH AS SOMEBODY WANTING TO LEARN THE HOW TOíS OF BASS OR TOURNAMENT FISHING WITHOUT SPENDING A LOT OF MONEY. BECAUSE A MINI BOAT CAN'T RUN AND GUN UP AND DOWN THE LAKE, ANGLERS LEARN MORE PATIENCE AND FISHING TECHNIQUES. THE PLUS SIDE TO THIS IS LEARNING TO FISH AT WHAT STRUCTURE IS THERE. SO LATTER ON WHEN MOVING TO A BIG BOAT TOURNAMENTS YOUR NOT TEMPTED TO RUN ALL OVER THE LAKE. NOT TO MENTION THE PLACES WE MINI BOATERS CAN GET TO THAT BIG BOATS CANíT. THE O.P.M.B.A IS BASED ON A STANDARD SET OF RULES AND REGULATIONS. USING ANY SIZE BOAT OR SCAMP THAT IS LEGAL FOR LAKES. AERATED LIVE WELLS ARE A MUST. WE HAVE A FOUR FISH LIMIT AND OBEY ALL STATE AND FEDERAL REGULATIONS. (LIFE JACKETS, LENGTH LIMITS, BOAT TAGS ETC.)  THE O.P.M.B.A. IS A TOURNAMENT TRAIL THAT COMPETES ONCE A MONTH FOR SIX MONTHíS USUALLY ON A SATURDAY, STARTING IN MARCH AND ENDING IN SEPTEMBER. WE HOLD A TWO-DAY CLASSIC AT THE END OF THE SEASON WHICH OUR ANGLERS ACCEPT A DINNER AND OUR ANGLERS OF THE YEAR ARE REWARDED WITH CASH AND PRIZES ALONG WITH OTHER PRIZES AND FUN.

WE HAVE LOW ENTRY FEES OF $60.00 A TEAM AND A ONE TIME A YEAR MEMBERSHIP FEE WHICH IS $25.00 PER PERSON. YOU CAN FISH AS A SINGLE TEAM. O.P.M.B.A. HAS A 90% PAYBACK AND THE OTHER 10% GOES TOWARDS THE CLASSIC AND PRIZES. THE O.P.M.B.A. IS A GREAT PLACE TO MEET NEW PEOPLE AND BRING YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILIES, TO ENJOY THE OUTDOORS.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE O.P.M.B.A CONTACT ERIC DRENNER

AT 918-343-8779 OR edrenner@neok.com